Bankgirot AB offers products and services for clearing of payments, transfers, electronic invoices and security on the Internet in Sweden. Bankgirot is the central player in Sweden when it comes to payment and information services between banks and their customers. Bankgirot is the only giro system in Sweden that handles all types of payments, regardless of bank. Bankgirot processes bankgiro transactions totalling SEK 25-50 billion daily. Bankgirot is owned by SEB, Swedbank, Handelsbanken, Nordea, Danske Bank, SkandiaBanken, Ålandsbanken Sverige AB and Länsförsäkringar Bank.
- We develop and operate payment services both within and outside the bankgiro system. More than a million payment transactions are dealt with by our systems every day.
- We develop and operate Bankgirot and the various services for payments and payment information. Our services are sold to companies via the banks which participate in the bankgiro system.
- We develop systems for digital transactions outside Bankgirot and over the Internet. In order to be able to guarantee secure transactions, we also work with secure communications and electronic identification solutions.
- We are responsible for ensuring that outstanding debits and credits between banks are settled with the Swedish Central Bank – this is called clearing and settlement. We offer services for card companies and other players in the payment market.
- We also work with the leading software companies to develop good, efficient business systems with effective payment and information services.